The Recovery Summit: How to Build Back Better
September 24, 2020
- The Deck is stacked
- Inequality has been growing for years and the current crisis is exacerbating underlying symptoms.
- Raise our eyes
- We must look beyond our immediate environments to understand broader issues and how we are all interconnected.
- Bail out Wall Street or Main Street?
- This is the opportunity to build back better to create a system that works for all.
- Recovery must be people focused
- People must see themselves in change in order for it to be meaningful and lasting and in order to begin to repair the democratic crisis.
- Focus should be on women, minorities, youth and marginalized populations
- Decades of efforts to build equality need to be protected in order to ensure both human rights as well as economic productivity are maintained.
- Build back better, greener
- There is a great deal of political capital and public will for historic public investments which must be targeted toward decarbonizing economies.